If you have considered buying or selling a home, it is always best to have a real estate lawyer assist you and your loved ones through the process. The right lawyer can review offers to ensure your rights are protected, and responsibilities are clearly defined, and no law violations are present for either party. Often title insurance companies and mortgage lenders require a Real Estate lawyer to certify the title is correct, check for liens against the property, and ensure a firm close date on the purchase of the house.
Here is what you can expect from your real estate lawyer.
Buying a Home
- A real estate lawyer with work to simplify terms of your mortgage, and when necessary work with your lender to modify them.
- When you receive your purchase contract, your lawyer will explain it in depth including how you gain access to the title of the property.
- Your lawyer will check to ensure there are no covenants, easements, or liens against the property, inspect adjustments including utilities and taxes, while preparing any and all legal documents needed to secure your home.
- He will also sit next to you during your closing, reviewing the required paperwork, while arranging title insurance protection.
Selling a Home
- You can expect your lawyer to prepare a purchase and sale agreement between you and the interested party, as well as negotiating the terms.
- She will also handle the title of the sale and correct any issues that may arise.
- Your real estate lawyer will attend the closing to review the required paperwork, arrange for the transfer of security deposits, and insurance certificates when needed.
When purchasing a new home or selling your home, it is important to understand the process and ensure your rights are protected. At AM Law, we have experts that can help throughout this process. Call today to speak with a trusted advisor who can help you.